The most popular dish in any Chinese restaurant is hands down, Orange Chicken. We all can find it in a buffet, or our favorite Chinese restaurant. Well, now, you can make it at home with this recipe. Additionally, we’ve made it healthier too, with just a little kick. This delicious recipe should help you get your Orange Chicken fix without all the sugar and carbs that usually make Orange Chicken only a guilty pleasure. See the details below.
This recipe makes 5 servings.
Equipment You Need:
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 Cup Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Stevia or 1 Tablespoon Monk Fruit
- 2/3 Cup Osem Chicken Consumme
- 1 Orange Peel
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Tien Tsin Peppers
- 1/2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Clove Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- Cut chicken into small pieces.
- Cut orange peel into thirds.
- Put oil in frying pan and heat.
- Put pieces of chicken in pan and cook chicken until chicken starts to brown on all sides.
- In a saucepan, combine almond flour, orange peel, orange juice, consomme, garlic, and peppers for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove Orange Peel and continue cooking and mixing for 1 minute.
- When sauce is bubbling and ingredients fully mixed, add chicken.
- Continue to cook and mix for another 5-6 minutes.
- Serve with other sides as desired.
- To make this vegan (and even more guilt-free), use any vegan chicken alternative, such as Just Like Chicken Vegetable Protein.
- To make this Kosher for Passover, omit soy sauce and ensure all other ingredients are Kosher for Passover.
Like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below!