Today, we’re going to try something different. I’ve had some recipes sitting around that I’d like to share. I going to start with a good one for you this morning. This is my version of a similar recipe from a book called Celebrate the Jewish Holidays by Racheli Morris (click on this link to buy the book on Amazon). The book is intended to show great recipes for Jewish holidays, but anybody can enjoy this recipe. This is a really good recipe involving Chicken, Peas and Spices. This recipe will feed 3-4 people.
Note: It’s best to completely read this recipe before attempting, just to make sure you understand all the steps.
Equipment You’ll Need:
- 4 Pieces of Chicken Brest
- 1 tablespoon of Avocado Oil (or any other similar oil)
- 1 1/4 cup Shelled Peas
- 1 onion, large
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho (or cayenne)
- 2 cups of Chicken Broth
- A dash of Salt and Pepper
- Water, to dilute broth if needed
- Cut onion into quarters
- Heat oil in pot.
- Put onion in pot and fry until golden.
- Once onions are brown, add Chicken.
- Mix in your ancho, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Fry chicken until brown, this should take less than 2 minutes.
- Next, drop in the peas and the bay leaf.
- Join in only some of your parsley, dill, and cilantro.
- Mix everything together.
- Bring in broth to submerge chicken and vegetables.
- Add water to dilute broth, to lower sodium.
- Bring pot to boil, then put lid on pot on low heat.
- Let the pot cook for 35, while keeping an eye. If you need to, you can add some water to make sure the contents stay submerged.
- After 35 minutes, check to see if chicken is cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked through, put in rest of spices, and let the pot sit for 10 minutes to soak up the flavor of the spices.
- To serve as a stew, keep the contents in the broth and serve it that way.
- Drain the broth and liquid to serve as a plate with boiled potatoes or rice.
- To make this vegan, substitute chicken for a comparable protein, such Gardien Chick’n Breast and Osem Consomme for the broth.
- This recipe is also great for crockpots, just let the ingredients cook the ingredients together while at work and serve as a stew.