Today, let’s give your sweet tooth some exercise. A couple summers ago, my spouse and I went to Talkeetna, Alaska and had some great pecans around 4th of July. This was our recipe to try to recreate that when we came home.
This recipe serves 4-6 people.
Supplies You Need:
- Any Gallon-sized Container with Lid
- Baking Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put pecans, butter, brown sugar, pumpkin spice, and salt in a container with closable lid.
- Stir around ingredients briefly with spatula to initially blend pecans.
- Close the container with lid and shake the contents until well combined.
- Place pecans on baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- After oven being preheated, put cooking sheet in oven and let bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Pecans are ready when the candied coating is properly hardened on the Pecans.
After baking, you should have lightly sweet, and great tasting Pecans that can be a snack or dessert.
- This can make this vegan by substituting butter with a vegan alternative, like Earth Balance.
- We make this low carb by substituting brown sugar with stevia, monk fruit sweetener, or Swerve.
Let us know what you think in the comments below.