This Saturday, we’ve got a simple salad for you. This has lots of flavor and really easy to make. It’s sure to get you a healthy start for Easter or Passover. Quick and easy. This recipe is inspired from the cookbook, Celebreate the Jewish Holidays by Racheli Morris, click here to buy this book.
This dish serves 3-5 people.
Equipment You Need:
- Something to Mix With
- 1 1/2 Cups Green Olives with Jalapeño (or Regular Pimento)
- 4 small peppers
- 1/8 cup Garlic Powder or Equivalent Amount of Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Cup Avocado Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 8 Mini Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 Pureed Medium Tomato
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Water as necessary
- Rinse olives and put them in a bowl.
- Cut small tomatoes in half and store for later.
- In a pan, fry avocado oil and peppers together.
- While frying, add garlic, paprika, cumin, pureed tomato, salt and pepper.
- Stir for about 2 minutes.
- Bring in small tomatoes. Cook and mix for 1 more minute.
- Finally, bring in Olives. Add water to lower thickness as desired.
- Cook for 25 minutes on low heat.
You can reuse the bowl to put salad in. May be served chilled or warm.
Can be served by itself, or on on top of fish as a dressing.
- As is, this recipe is Vegan and Kosher for Passover, as long as all ingredients are certified Kosher for Passover by a proper koshering authority, as long as no bread is used.
Please click on our links or visit our store to support our site!
You must log in to post a comment.