Today, we have a simple and easy breakfast treat. Add a Latin flavor to your scrambled eggs with Chorizo, a Mexican pork sausage that easily blends into many foods. Soyrizo is its vegetarian alternative, which tastes almost just as good. This is sure to be favorite with your kids and/or guests. It certainly makes eggs more exciting.
Makes enough for 3-5 people.
Equipment You Need:
- 6 oz Chorizo or Soyrizo
- 4-6 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Avocado Oil or similar vegetable oil
- Frozen Pre-Cut or Fresh Potatoes
- Chili Powder, Salt or other spices to taste
- Beans or rice, if desired.
- Add Avocado Oil to Frying Pan and warm.
- Once warm, add Chorizo or Soyrizo to the frying pan.
- Cook Chorizo until it’s slightly brown. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add 4-6 eggs to pan and continue frying. Stir occasionally.
- When eggs have an almost solid consistency, add Salt, Chili Powder and other spices to taste.
- Continue to cook and stir eggs until sufficiently scrambled and solid.
- Prepare Potatoes
- Place as many frozen potatoes in air fryer that will fit but still allow airflow for 7 minutes. They will be cooked when done.
- If using fresh potatoes, cut up potatoes as thin as desired, and place in air fryer. Fit as many as airflow still allows. Set timer to 7 minutes
- Serve with beans or rice if desired.
- To make this recipe Vegan:
- Use Soyrizo.
- Replace eggs with tofu or egg replacer.
- Kosher for Passover Notice: Use Soyrizo or other Vegetarian Chorizo. Check hescher marks on Vegetarian-based Chorizo to see if Kosher for Passover. Soyrizo is not Kosher for Passover to Ashkenazim.
- To make this low carb, don’t add beans or potatoes.
Like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below!