Have you heard of spaghetti squash? What if I told you there was a squash whose fruit produced a taste and mouth feel that was similar to spaghetti, but was way healthier. That’s spaghetti squash! This impossible squash provide a low-carb, low-glycemic index, and vitamin packed spaghetti experience. We have a delicious recipe for you to enjoy below.
This recipe should serve 2-4 people.
Equipment You Need:
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 Cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Enough Water to Moisten Baking Sheet
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Peas (optional)
- Carrots (optional)
- Corn (optional)
- Preheat oven to around 350 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half with a large, sharp, sturdy knife. The cut should be made down the middle of the squash.
- Put enough water on baking sheet to cover about 1/8″ of the surface.
- Place spaghetti squash halves cut side down on baking sheet.
- Place spaghetti squash in oven.
- Let spaghetti squash sit in oven for about 25 minutes, then take out of oven.
- Boil corn, peas, and/or carrots until soft, if desired.
- Take out of oven and use fork to scrape out fruit from inside squash. The fruit should come out in an spaghetti-like fashion. Place squash fruit into another bowl. Using a twisting motion may help with the extraction.
- In another pan, combine butter, heavy cream and minced garlic cloves.
- Stir ingredients until warm. Salt and pepper Alfredo to taste.
- Combine spaghetti squash with Alfredo in pan.
- Combine carrots, peas, and corn to add to mixture, if so used.
- Mix contents until warm and sufficiently mixed.
- To make this Vegan:
- Use a vegan Alfredo mix, such as Daiya Alfredo Style Cheese Sauce.
- Kosher for Passover Notice: As long as cheese, butter, and heavy cream are Kosher for Passover, this should be as well. Exclude peas and corn for Ashkenazim.
Like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below!