You love tacos. You love cheese. Why not make taco shells completely from cheese? This low carb recipe will give you a way to enjoy your tacos without the carbs normally found in taco shells. This is great for those on the keto diet, or those who really love cheese. This recipe is adapted from Home Made Interest however, we did add more cheese per taco and recommend compacting the cheese a bit more than the original recipe.
Serves as many tacos as are made.
- 3/8 Cup Cheddar Cheese per Shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place wire rack on top of 4 cups, one cup at each corner, where cheese could ideally be hung by wire rack.
- Place silicone mat on baking sheet.
- Place cheese piles at least 2 inches apart on baking sheet per taco shell desired.
- Flatten cheese piles so that they are one, single, flat layer. Compress as tightly as possible, in the manner of a taco shell.
- Put baking sheet in oven and allow to cook until edges of cheese are browned. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Let cheese cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Hang cheese over two wires in wire rack. Cheese should not be touching countertop, cups, or each other.
- Let cheese cool and harden.
- Fill with desired toppings inside.
- To make this Vegan: Any Daiya Vegan cheese works best with the above method.
- This recipe is kosher with kosher cheese.
Like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below!