Here is a great recipe for breakfast! This one is easy as well. I recently checked out a cooking blog, Mama Loves Food, where I received the inspiration from this recipe. This is great is also a great breakfast treat! We are excited to bring this to you.
This recipe serves 6.
- 12 large Bell Peppers
- 3 Large Onions, preferably sweet
- 2 1/2 Pounds Turkey or Vegan Sausage
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- Chili Pepper, Salt and Pepper as desired
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Cut the tops off all of the peppers, in a manner that they can be stuffed from the top.
- Clean out seeds and core from inside of peppers. Save some bits for inside of pepper later.
- Chop up onions until diced.
- Put sausage in pan on stove and heat sausage until brown.
- After sausage is brown, put in pepper bits, onions, garlic powder and chili pepper.
- Allow mix in saute pan to saute until onions are translucent but still hard.
- Put pepper bottoms upright on baking sheet.
- Stuffing from saute pan needs to go inside peppers, close to top, but all the way.
- Cover the peppers with aluminum foil.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Take peppers out of oven. Push down and depress to make a small valley in stuffing.
- Crack egg on top of peppers inside previously made well.
- Baking sheet can go back in oven.
- Watch for about 5 to 12 minutes, to make sure eggs are cooking to your preference.
- Remove peppers from the oven and salt and pepper to preference. You can add bonus chili powder for even more accent.
- To make this vegan: Don’t use eggs, or use a vegan alternative to the eggs. You can also use a comparable amount of quinoa.
- This recipe should be kosher as is.
Like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below!